News and views on current rural business issues.
Grants for Farmers, Land Managers and Rural Businesses
- Sustainable Farming Incentive (SFI)
- Will reward farmers to produce public goods on their land. Full scheme to launch in 2022.
- Local Nature Recovery (LNR)
- Will pay for locally specific actions to benefit the environment and climate. Piloting in 2022 and launch in 2024.
- Landscape Recovery (LR)
- 10 pilots projects between 2022-2024 to deliver over 20,000 hectares of wildlife rich habitat. Expressions of interest due in Autumn 2021 – details to follow.
- Farming in Protected Landscapes
- Available to farmers and land managers that are based in AONB areas. Project will run from July 2021 – March 2024.
- Farming Investment Fund
- Two schemes – Farming Equipment and Technology Fund (similar to small productivity grant) and Farm Transitional Fund (similar to Countryside large grant scheme). More details due November 2021.
- Slurry Investment scheme
- Due to open in Autumn 2022. Will assist farmers that exceed current regulatory requirements. More details to follow when released.
- New Entrant Support scheme
- Scheme to encourage new starters in the industry. Applications to open in 2022.
- Lump sum exit scheme.
- Offer of a lump sum to leave farming in place of future BPS payments and delinked payments. Scheme will be introduced further in 2022.
- Countryside Stewardship scheme
- 2022 scheme is believed to be similar to 2021 scheme. Deadline for applications likely to be July 2022 for scheme to commence in January 2023. Available until 2023 (to start in January 2024.)
- Tree Health scheme
- For the felling and treatment of diseased trees in certain situations and restocking from felling. Pilot launched in August 2021.
- Animal Health and Welfare Pathway
- Provides funding to help farmers produce healthier and animals to higher welfare standards – scheme due to open in 2022.